Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stock Results: 1/11/07

Click the following link for a snapshot of today's performance of my watches: 01/11/2007 Results

ONT was on watch on Monday, 1/8/07 and took in a 5.36% gain on volume 6 times the average with no major news. But the real story for me today was the implementation of the 10/60 cross to confirm in the entry of ZICA (5.92%) and DKAM(8.80%) . ZVUE (5.32%) did not hold green.

Forceswing candidates results: SONS(1.83%), ASIA (0.26%), EVCC(3.97%). TGEN held on for a 2.17% gain on unusually low volume. I'll still be watching tomorrow. While I was not watching, "11 day down" winner from yesterday, FICC took in another 6.63% on high volume.

Stock selection has been working nicely and even better with 10/60 cross. Now trading methods need to be refined - trailing stops, stop loss, etc. since I can't monitor the market during the day. Today was a nightmare with one trade when a trailing % was processed as a trailing $! I'm switching brokers.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Who is your broker now, and who are you considering?

Also, I am now in the same position as you. I used to be able to follow the market from open til close. Now I can't. What is your method/strategy for enter/exit when you can't watch the screen all day?

Multiple Streams Trader said...

I'm using Interactive Brokers and I'm thinking of Scottrade. There are benefits to each (ib/lower costs, scottrade/nicer charts,market movers). I think I might end up using both but for different trading strategies.

What is your method/strategy for enter/exit when you can't watch the screen all day?

Good question. I'm still working on that. Lately, I've been setting alerts or trailing stops for the exit. But the entry in the morning is waiting for green. I have access to the computer all day so I can usually watch the open, but just not all day.